Go on a journey into the heart of God
for His world
Invest 15 Weeks of thought, discussion, teaching, prayer, reading and study looking at God's heart for the world from four perspectives:
Biblically, historically, culturally, strategically.
This class will change the way you view the world around you. You will have your eyes opened to the heart and purpose of God, and how you can take part in His work all over the world... from the streets of America to the dusty roads of distant lands. Each week instructors will challenge and inspire you with their personal experiences, and through your reading you will be challenged with perspectives to consider God's world of people anew.
We believe that it will strengthen you and your church's missions practices of learning, going, sending, praying, mobilizing, and welcoming, and in whatever ways God leads you and your church to be involved in His worldwide mission.
If God is sending you to another place, we think it will help in the preparation process.
Class to be held at Family Church in the Green district of Roseburg
Class begins Thursday, Jan. 19, 2017
15 Lesson summaries Video overview of Perspectives
I'm enthusiastic about Perspectives because my life and our church are devoted to spreading a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples through Jesus Christ. God means to be known and enjoyed by every tribe tongue and nation (Rev. 5:9). Perspectives has been essential in mobilizing hundreds of lay people in our church to be World Christians.
Rev. John Piper, Senior Pastor, Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis MN, Author
Dates | Jan 19, 2017 (Intro)-May 18 2016 (Celebration)
Time |Thursdays from 6 pm to 9 pm (no class on Mar 30)
Location | Family Church in Green, 4384 Carnes Rd, Roseburg
Pricing | 250$/person Certificate and key reading Level
500$/person for college Credit Level
(undergraduate and graduate)
(College Credit available for HIGH SCHOOL students and above, family discounts and other discounts are detailed on the pricing page. Class is open to high school students on up)
Perspectives provides Southern Baptists and other believers with the finest overview of God's world wide work available. I wholeheartedly recommend it for any committed disciple of Jesus.
Dr. Avery Willis, Former Senior V.P., Int'l Mission Board - Southern Baptist Convention
I am pleased to endorse Perspectives! Its benefit to Nazarenes will be tremendous.
Dr. Tom Ness - Director, Mission Strategy USA/Canada, Evangelism & Church Growth Division, Church of the Nazarene
Arab World Ministries recognizes the Perspectives Course as foundational for all its candidates. The majority of our candidates have taken the course and mention how beneficial it was on their journey to being sent overseas or remaining here for ministry in North America.
Dennis Brice - Director of Mobilization, Arab World Ministries
We are pleased to endorse this significant tool being used in the development of world Christians. We thank those that have developed this course and hope that many of our churches will use the Perspectives course to engage Covenant people in considering their part in the Great Commission.
Byron Amundsen - The Evangelical Covenant Church (Dept. of World Mission)
Perspectives is the best lay missions education available. I have heard missionaries and I have heard missions pastors say, "I never really understood missions until I took Perspectives."
David Mays - ACMC
Perspectives has helped scores of people move from being spectators to participants in world evangelization. It's a vital link in our plans to be a world-impact church.
Dr. Paul Bubna - Late president of the Christian & Missionary Alliance
The content of the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement course is undergirded by an integrated set of core ideas. While there are many other ideas in the course that are part of an orthodox Christian worldview, these core ideas are not commonplace. This page introduces these distinctives.
It is important to note that this is not a summary of the course content (i.e. the specific teaching objectives such as the Kingdom of God, understanding worldview, appropriate contextualization, etc.).
The 16 core ideas are:
- God initiates and advances work in history to accomplish His purpose.
- God calls His people to join Him in fulfilling His purpose.
- God's purpose is to bless all peoples so that Christ will be served and glorified among all peoples.
- God accomplishes His purpose by triumphing over evil in order to rescue and bless people and to establish His kingdom rule throughout the earth.
- The Bible is a unified story of God's purpose.
- God's work in history has continuity and will come to an ultimate culmination.
- The Christian movement has brought about positive social transformation.
- The mission task can and will be completed.
- The world's population can be viewed in terms of people groups.
- The progress of world evangelization can be assessed in terms of church-planting movements within people groups.
- Completing the mission task requires the initiation and growth of church-planting movements that follow social avenues of influence.
- Completing the task requires effective cross-cultural evangelism that follows communication patterns within cultures.
- Completing the task requires strategic wholism in which community development is integrated with church planting.
- Completing the task requires collaborative efforts of churches and mission agencies from diverse cultures and traditions.
- God calls His people to embrace strategic sacrifice and suffering with Christ in order to accomplish His global purpose.
- By participating in the world Christian movement, every believer can find a way to live with vital, strategic significance in God's global purpose.